This page may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure for more info.
Back in September, I started testing the kCurlsys Moringa + Fenugreek Deep Conditioning Butter by YouTuber Eugenia Kelcy. I decided to test it for a few reasons:
- The founder of the company has hair with a similar appearance to mine (keeping in mind that each head of hair is unique so this is just a starting point).
- Fenugreek and avocado oil are two of the main ingredients and I know for sure that my hair loves both.
- I like the short and mostly natural ingredients list (Moringa, Fenugreek, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Water, Natural Emulsifier, Natural Preservatives, 1-Octadecanol (Stearyl Alcohol), Fragrance Oil).
- I don’t have a go-to deep conditioner at the moment.
- I’m making an effort to purchase more products from small minority owned businesses.
I applied the conditioner after cleansing with Rhassoul clay.
It has a sweet scent that’s hard to put my finger on – something like cherries and chocolate. I’m very sensitive to fragrances and smells in general so this is important – the scent isn’t super light but it’s also not overpowering.
The conditioner is thick and creamy in the jar but thins out when applied. This works well for me because it’s easy to spread and penetrates my hair well. I find that thicker conditioners create clumps and seem to “sit on top” of my strands more.
After applying, I used a bonnet dryer on low for an hour.
My kCurlSys Moringa + Fenugreek Results
The Moringa + Fenugreek conditioner has pretty good slip and helps to moisturize and detangle my hair. After rinsing it out, my hair felt soft but strong.
As far as cons, there aren’t any major ones here. One thing is that I need a bigger jar – with the 8 oz size, I got just barely three uses out of it.
It took about 12 days for my order to arrive from the day I purchased. This isn’t necessarily a con – honestly, we shouldn’t be comparing small independently owned companies to Amazon Prime – but it’s definitely something to keep in mind and plan around.
The Final Rinse
Long story short, I will definitely buy this deep conditioner again. It has a lot going for it, and I’m looking forward to seeing the benefits of using it over time.
Tag us on Instagram to share your best natural hair and lifestyle tips. For more natural beauty and lifestyle inspiration, join us on Pinterest.